All a healthcare professional wants to know about nutrigenetics
Are you a healthcare professional?
Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics gain increasing attention worldwide. Here, we gather and present quick answers to the most frequently asked questions that healthcare professionals have about Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics.
Which healthcare professionals may use DNANUTRICOACH® applied nutrigenetics services?
DNANUTRICOACH® offers services and expertise on Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. This is a multidisciplinary field of research involving biochemistry, nutrition, genetics, biology, bioinformatics etc. Our services add extreme value when appropriately applied in the clinical practice by different healthcare professionals such as nutritionists, dietitians, physicians, and others such as personal trainers, and even chefs. Find out more about our services here.
Why should I integrate applied Nutrigenetics into my private practice?
Nutrigenetics explains how food affects our genetic sensitivities and how each one of us responds differently to the same nutritional trigger. Thus, nutrigenetics has the potential, when appropriately applied, to prevent diet-related and complex diseases based on individual genetic predisposition. By integrating DNANUTRICOACH® nutrigenetic services into your private practice you add the highest level of personalization and tailored-made guidance for your patients.
Why should I choose DNANUTRICOACH®?
- Because DNANUTRICOACH® is founded by Dr.Valentini Konstantinidou, a nutritional genomics researcher with hands-on experience in the field.
- Because DNANUTRICOACH® brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts who ensure accuracy, relevance, professionalism, and excellence in our services.
- Because we offer exclusive, personalized, and high-quality services adapted to each healthcare professional’s needs.
- Because choosing DNANUTRICOACH® means that you will be continuously supported to ensure your access and understanding to up-to-date nutrigenetics knowledge with constant practical assistance.
In which countries are DNANUTRICOACH® services available?
DNANUTRICOACH® headquarters are located in Barcelona, Spain. Since 2020, a Greek branch in Glyfada, Attiki also operates for Greek professionals. Our services are available all over Europe and our reports can be produced in English, Spanish and Greek languages. For more detailed information, please contact us an express your interest at email@example.com
Which SNPs are included in the nutrigenetic analysis provided by DNANUTRICOACH®?
DNANUTRICOACH® nutrigenetic analysis includes only those SNPs that are validated and supported by solid scientific evidence. We select only those SNPs that influence modifiable, lifestyle risk factors, such as diet and physical activity.
As of now, we analyze 50 SNPs related to the following 3 big clusters:
- lactose intolerance (e.g. rs4988235)
- celiac predisposition (e.g.rs 2187668)
- carbohydrates and lipids (e.g. rs7903146)
- vitamin B & D (e.g. rs1801133)
- salt, alcohol, caffeine (e.g. rs4343)
- phase I and II detoxification (e.g. rs762551)
- anti-inflammatory capacity (e.g. rs1800629)
- antioxidant capacity (e.g. rs4880)
- aerobic potential (VO2 max) (e.g. rs1042713)
- endurance-Power training %. (e.g. rs1815739)
- post-Exercise recovery capacity (e.g. rs1205)
- injury risk (e.g. rs2228145)
- cardio fitness capacity (e.g. rs699)
Our selections are continuously confirmed and updated based on the most recent scientific knowledge.
What does “rs” mean?
RS is the identification number that is used by researchers worldwide to refer to concrete SNPs. For more information related to nutritional genomics terminology, please visit our glossary.
Are DNANUTRICOACH® services available online?
Of course! At DNANUTRICOACH®, we support healthcare professionals to implement nutrigenetics into their clinical practice regardless of their physical locations. We can offer consulting sessions in inflexible timetables to meet your professional requirements leveraging available communication technology at your convenience. Please contact us for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
by the DNANUTRICOACH® team