As a health professional, I want to know…
We present quick answers in the most frequently asked questions we have received from health and other professionals about Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics.
- Which health professionals may use DNANUTRICOACH® services?
DNANUTRICOACH® offers services and expertise based on Nutritional Genomics science. This is a multidisciplinary field of research involving biochemistry, nutrition, genetics, biology, bioinformatics etc. Our services can add extreme value, when appropriately, used by different health professionals such as nutritionists, dieticians, physicians, and others such as personal trainers, and even chefs. Find out more about our services here.
- Why should I integrate Nutritional Genomics science into my private practice?
Nutritional Genomics field explains how food affect genes and how genetic differences can influence individual respond to nutrients. As such, it has the potential to prevent diet-related and complex diseases based on individual genetic predisposition. By integrating the services offered by DNANUTRICOACH® into your private practice, you add the highest level of personalization into the management of your patients.
- Why should I choose DNANUTRICOACH®?
- Because DNANUTRICOACH® is founded by nutritional genomics researchers with hands-on experience in the field.
- Becuase DNANUTRICOACH® brings together a multidisciplinary team of experts who ensure accuracy, relevance, professionalism and excellence in our services.
- Because we offer exclusive, personalized and high-quality services adapted to each health professional’s needs.
- Because by choosing DNANUTRICOACH® you will be supported by the finest researchers in the field who ensure your access to up-to-date knowledge and constant assistance.
- In which countries are DNANUTRICOACH® services available?
DNANUTRICOACH® headquarters are located in Barcelona, Spain. Our services are available all over Europe in English, Spanish and Greek languages. For more detailed information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing this form.
- Which SNPs are included in the genetic analysis provided by DNANUTRICOACH®?
DNANUTRICOACH® genetic analysis includes only SNPs that are validated and supported by solid scientific evidence. We select only those that influence modifiable, lifestyle risk factors, such as diet and physical activity.
As of now, we analyze 37 SNPs related to the following 3 clusters:
- lactose intolerance (e.g. rs4988235)
- celiac predisposition (e.g.rs 2187668)
- carbohydrates and lipids (e.g. rs7903146)
- vitamin B & D (e.g. rs1801133)
- salt, alcohol, caffeine (e.g. rs4343)
- phase I and II detoxification (e.g. rs762551)
- anti-inflammatory capacity (e.g. rs1800629)
- antioxidant capacity (e.g. rs4880)
- aerobic potential (VO2 max) (e.g. rs1042713)
- endurance-Power training %. (e.g. rs1815739)
- post-Exercise recovery capacity (e.g. rs1205)
- injury risk (e.g. rs2228145)
- cardio fitness capacity (e.g. rs699)
Our selections are continuously confirmed and updated based on the most recent scientific knowledge.
- What does “rs” mean?
RS is the identification number that is used by researchers worldwide to refer to concrete SNPs. For more information related to nutritional genomics terminology, please visit our glossary.
- Are DNANUTRICOACH® services available online?
Of course! At DNANUTRICOACH®, we support health professionals to implement nutritional genomics into their clinical practice regardless of their physical locations. We can offer consulting sessions in flexible timetables to meet your professional requirements leveraging available communication technology at your convenience. Please contact us for further details at email@example.com
by the DNANUTRICOACH® team